Experience an unforgettable swimming holiday among the green fells of the Lake District
Stay close to stunning Crummock Water and Buttermere and discover the area's lesser-known waters
Reap the benefits of fully escorted outdoor swims with expert guides and share adventures with like-minded swimmers
Dine at the stunning Buttermere Court Hotel and take iconic hikes in the Lake Poets' footsteps
The Western Lakes and fells are undoubtedly some of the most striking in the UK’s famous Lake District. A world away from the bustle of the Northern and Southern Lakes, this area offers you the chance to truly relax and take some time out, as well as enjoy some fantastic swimming opportunities. With the tranquillity of such remote locations, combined with decent daily swim distances, this trip is a fantastic short escape in one of the UK's most picturesque regions.
Stay with like-minded swimmers at the stunning Buttermere Court Hotel and enjoy escorted swims in the large freshwater expanses of Buttermere and Crummock Water, including possible full length lake swims you'll never forget!
This trip can also be offered as tailor-made experience. The date of travel and itinerary can be adjusted to suit you. For more information contact us on email@example.com with the dates you'd like and number of people taking part. We'll be in touch to chat about putting together your dream swimming experience.
Who is this trip for?
This trip offers the classic SwimTrek lake crossings and is perfect for those looking for an adventure in a less visited part of the UK, whether you are new to open water swimming or an accomplished swimmer.
Swimmers should be capable of completing the average swim distance of 1½ km prior to the start of the trip. The average daily swim distance is around 3½ km (split over a minimum of two swims).
We have given this trip a ‘Leisurely’ grading designed for people who want to swim at a more relaxed pace and enjoy the scenery.
- Fully guided swimming holiday in the Western Lakes of the Lake District
- Two nights' accommodation at Buttermere Court Hotel, between Crummock Water and Buttermere
- Two breakfasts, two lunches and one dinner at the Buttermere Court Hotel
- Swim guides and full safety escort on every swim
What's not included?
- Dinner on Day 2
- Travel to and from the start of the tour
- Wetsuit hire (if required)
- Swimming Holidays British Isles
- Swimming Holidays England
- Swimming Holidays Cornwall and The Isles of Scilly
- Swimming Holidays Discover Open Water in the Lake District
- Swimming Holidays Introduction to Open Water - Brighton
- Swimming Holidays Lakes and Tarns Weekender
- Swimming Holidays Open Water Development - Brighton
- Swimming Holidays River Thames
- Swimming Holidays The Lizard Peninsula Cornwall
- Swimming Holidays Western Lakes
- Swimming Holidays YogaSwim Brighton
- Swimming Holidays YogaSwim Lake District
If you enjoy swimming, this is an excellent way to experience safe, guided open water swimming with like minded people. Fantastic fun!Yvonne H. UK
Amazing weekend in the lakes! Loved it!Paulius S. UK
I want to go on SwimTrek holidays again and again. I wouldn't describe myself as a natural water baby, but I now count open fresh water swimming as one of my top hobbies. Can't recommend Lithuania and/or the Lake District trips more highly!Victoria W. UK
A beautiful, intrepid, swimming adventure.Alison R. UK