Join The SwimTrek Team
Delivering the most amazing open water swimming holidays in the world doesn't happen by accident. It takes a talented, passionate and dedicated team of people who work tirelessly to make sure that each and every one of our guests has a truly unforgettable experience with us.
Whether you are part of our head office team based on the south coast of the UK, or you are one of our guides running trips in over 45 locations all across the globe, being part of the SwimTrek team gives you the opportunity to work with an incredible group of people who share a passion for creating amazing swimming holidays experiences around the world.
Race Events Manager
- Do you have experience in managing mass start race events?
- Do you want to run race events in beautiful locations around the globe?
- Do you love inspiring people to take on challenges and achieve their goals?
- Are you passionate about creating consistent WOW experiences for customers and instilling this passion within a team of co-workers?
- Do you enjoy working with small tight-knit teams creating amazing travel experiences while having a great time?
About the role
We are looking for a top notch Race Events Manager to join our team, based in our offices in Brighton, UK. You will be working within our Operations Department focussing on designing, developing, and running world class open water swimming races across the globe. This is a varied role that will require high levels of organisation, adaptability and self-management. You’ll be fanatical about event health and safety, and just as fanatical about creating amazing experiences for our swimmers. You’ll be reaching a highly varied market, from newcomers to open water swimming to dedicated open water athletes, across global markets including the UK, Europe, Australia, NZ and the USA. You’ll come with enthusiasm, energy and creative ideas to make sure that SwimTrek maintains its position as the global leader in this niche travel sector.
Reporting to SwimTrek’s Head of Operations, you will:
- Create a worldwide race series in iconic locations in line with a 5 year plan;
- Manage and oversee all aspects of event health and safety;
- Assume accountability of all event/race planning and operations;
- Manage all aspects of race feasibility and on-location quality control;
- Take responsibility for all race expenditure and income;
- Be responsible for the on-site management of all volunteers and 3rd party personnel;
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to ensure excellent event marketing, branding and materials;
- Collaborate with the Product department to create excellent event travel packages.
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in event/race management;
- Exceptional organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail; specifically concerning health and safety, risk assessments and quality control;
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. You’ll know how to adjust your tone and language to get your message across accurately to whatever audience you’re speaking to;
- Comfortable working with people from different backgrounds, and can reach across cultural and language barriers;
- Proven experience of delivering exceptional customer service that provides life long memories and a sense of achievement;
- Can track ROI and evolve tactics as results change. Excellent analytical and reporting skills are essential, plus a high level of commercial awareness, with advanced negotiation skills;
- Proactive and looks for solutions – you know where to get the answers you need to solve any challenges you meet
- Has a desire to learn, seeks new opportunities and is aware of current and future trends within adventure travel and racing;
- A can-do attitude and a positive approach, including flexibility and adaptability and the ability to remain composed under pressure.
- A natural multi-tasker, you will operate in an organised and structured manner; be detail driven and capable of producing outstanding quality work at all times.
- Has a passion for adventure travel and understands the market sector.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are the right person for this position and that you can bring the required skills to the role, please email your CV and a cover letter, including a description of the key ingredients of a successful mass start race event, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews are being held on a rolling basis, so send in your applications as soon as possible.
Who we are
SwimTrek is the world’s leading open water swimming tour operator, with tours in over 40 locations across the globe. We are on a mission to bring the joys of open water swimming to the world, and to provide exceptional swimming experiences in beautiful locations across the globe. With a high repeat rate, we already have many loyal customers. And we want even more.
Become a SwimTrek Guide
We aren't currently accepting guiding applications at this time, however, please check this page regularly as well as our social media channels for any announcements of future recruitment drives.
If we don't currently have a position available which suits you but you are still interested in working with us, please send your CV and a brief explanation on what you can bring to the team to email@example.com. We'd love to hear from you!