|16 Jul - 18 Jul, 2021||
|01 Aug - 03 Aug, 2021||
Download trip notes
Combine freshwater swims and yoga in Cumbria's iconic Lake District
Get back to nature, where the Lake Poets roamed, with relaxed walks over the rolling forests and fells and unforgettable lake and tarn swimming
Stretch your open water skills with a group of like-minded lake swimmers and expert guides
For this YogaSwim experience we are based in Cumbria’s picturesque Lake District National Park. The Lake District covers around 700 square miles of England’s most beautiful natural scenery. It’s a region of high mountains, deep valleys, large lakes, remote tarns and spectacular waterfalls. We’ll bring you back to nature with freshwater swims in iconic lakes and small mountain tarns, walks to clear the mind and free the senses, and yoga to relax and strengthen the body.
You’ll have the opportunity to enjoy some of the region’s most breathtaking locations. We start each day with yoga practice lead by an experienced instructor. At the end of the day, we’ll unwind and relax tired bodies with a restorative evening yoga class. All swims are of a manageable distance and are connected by spectacular fell walking between locations. What better way could there be to escape everyday life and disconnect from distractions for a few days of beautiful wild lake swimming and yoga?
Who is this trip for?
This trip is designed for swimmers who enjoy yoga, or who want to explore the benefits of yoga and how it naturally complements and enhances our swimming. We swim twice per day in freshwater and among some of the UK’s most breathtaking scenery. Swims are shorter than an average SwimTrek Trip. So, if you prefer to cover more kilometres per day, then you may like to take a look at our Lakes & Tarns Weekender.
Swimmers do not require open water experience but should be capable of completing the average swim distance of 1½ km prior to the start of the trip. The average daily swim distance is around 3 km (split over a minimum of two swims). No prior experience of yoga is required.
We have given this trip a ‘Leisurely’ grading designed for people who want to swim at a more relaxed pace and enjoy the scenery.
Why Yoga and Swimming?
Yoga and swimming are a perfect combination. For swimmers, yoga offers both physical and mental benefits. Yoga increases breathing awareness, develops strength and increases mobility, especially if you can work yoga into your daily routine. Through meditation, relaxation and stretching, yoga has incredible restorative qualities, relaxing the nervous system and muscular tension. It can help you centre and focus, and to find the perfect rhythm for your swims.
- Fully guided yoga and swimming holiday in the Lake District
- Swim guides and full safety escort on all swims
- Yoga mat for the duration of the trip
- Experienced instruction from our experienced yoga teacher
- Two nights accommodation at Glenthorne Guest House
- All breakfasts, lunches and Friday night dinner
What's not included?
- Travel to and from the start of the tour
- Saturday evening meal (Day 2)
Tailor-made SwimTrek Trips
This trip can also be offered as a tailor-made experience. The date of travel and itinerary can be adjusted to suit you. For more information contact us with the dates you'd like and number of people taking part. We'll be in touch to chat about putting together your dream swimming experience.
- Swimming Holidays British Isles
- Swimming Holidays England
- Swimming Holidays Cornwall and The Isles of Scilly
- Swimming Holidays Discover Open Water in the Lake District
- Swimming Holidays Introduction to Open Water - Brighton
- Swimming Holidays Lake District Tailor-Made
- Swimming Holidays Lakes and Tarns Weekender
- Swimming Holidays Open Water Development - Brighton
- Swimming Holidays River Cam Tailor-Made
- Swimming Holidays River Thames
- Swimming Holidays YogaSwim Brighton
- Swimming Holidays YogaSwim Lake District
Please note that the below daily itineraries are an example of the swims that may take place during the course of your trip, however, actual swim locations and distances will vary according to local weather and sea conditions. Your SwimTrek guides and local boat pilot will determine the most suitable swim locations each day and will communicate the plan with all guests as soon as possible.