Enjoy shorter daily swim distances, with sunlit coastal swims and crossings on an island-hopping adventure
Go at your own pace as you discover the beautiful uninhabited islands of the Šibenik archipelago
Comb rocky beaches and take in stunning Croatian landscapes both above and below water
Relax after each day of swims and enjoy the laidback atmosphere on the friendly island of Prvic Luka
This introductory swimming holiday in Croatia explores the country's idyllic Dalmatian coastline as we swim between the 40 islands of the Šibenik archipelago. With a combination of island hopping and coastal swims, there is no shortage of spectacular places to discover in this beautiful corner of the world.
Croatia’s Adriatic coastline is dotted with more than 1,000 islands, and we base ourselves for this trip at the junction of the breathtaking Šibenik archipelago. Combining dramatic coastlines with superb water quality and sun-baked islands, this really is an ideal location for an island-hopping swimming holiday.
During the tour you will visit some of the most isolated islands in the Adriatic Sea, including Zlarin, which has been inhabited for 700 years and where cars are still banned today. Many of the islands visited on the tour are uninhabited and their natural beauty remains untouched.
Who is this trip for?
This trip is designed for swimmers who are looking for a combination of both island-hopping and coastal swims with shorter daily swim distances. The trip is ideal for swimmers with a little less experience in the open water or who are looking to enjoy some additional time out of the water.
Swimmers should have a basic understanding of open water swimming and be capable of completing the average swim distance and average daily swim distance (over the course of two swims) prior to the start of the trip.
The average swim distance is around 2km. The average daily swim distance is around 3km.
We have given this trip a ‘Leisurely’ grading designed for people who want to swim at a more relaxed pace and enjoy the scenery.
- Fully guided swimming holiday (swimmers only)
- Professional swim guides and full safety escort on all swims (swimmers only)
- Six nights' accommodation
- All breakfasts
- All lunches (swimmers only)
- Full ABTOT Financial Protection
- Technique advice with video playback
What's not included?
- Travel to and from the start of the trip
- Evening meals
- Drinks and additional activities
Sample Trip Itinerary
Please note that the below daily itineraries are an example of the swims that may take place during your trip, however, actual swim locations and distances will vary according to local weather and swim conditions. Your SwimTrek guides and local boat pilots will determine the most suitable swim locations each day and will communicate the plan with all guests as soon as possible.
From Split Airport
A fabulous experience that I hope to make a new tradition! My only regret was not making it happen years ago!Elaine M, USA - 2023
If you love swimming, love looking at what's living in the water and want to meet new people ….. SwimTrek is for you !!!Michelle H, Ireland - 2023
What a great week and experience . Couldn't imagine how the week and the venue could have been any betterMatthew E, Australia - 2023
- Swimming Holidays Europe
- Swimming Holidays Croatia
- Swimming Holidays Channel Relay Swim Training Camp - Croatia
- Swimming Holidays Channel and Long Distance Training - Croatia
- Swimming Holidays Dalmatian Coast - Croatia
- Swimming Holidays Dalmatian Coast Long Swims - Croatia
- Swimming Holidays Dalmatian Coast Short Swims - Croatia
- Swimming Holidays Elaphiti Islands - Croatia
- Swimming Holidays Kornati Islands - Croatia
- Swimming Holidays Kornati Islands Short Swims - Croatia
- Swimming Holidays Marathon Swim Camp - Croatia