Explore the beauty of the scattered islands in the Bacuit Archipelago, lying northwest of Palawan in the Philippines
Marvel at the limestone cliffs and karst formations that make up the impressive backdrops for our swims
Swim over brightly coloured coral reefs and see a variety of tropical wildlife in their natural habitat
Relax in the stunning Miniloc Island Resort, set on the beach of the forested rocky island offering luxurious waterfront accommodation
Enjoy additional watersports activities around your swims which are included in your trip price
The province of Palawan, in the western Philippines, features over a thousand islands. At its centre is the Bacuit Archipelago which features around 45 jagged limestone outcrops wrapped by clear aquamarine waters and idyllic reefs. The islands themselves feature plunging sea cliffs, lagoons and sinkholes.
Here you’ll find some of the best swimming opportunities in Asia, with waters that are home to a variety of wildlife including dugongs, long nosed dolphins, manta rays, sea turtles and hundreds of different types of fish.
Who is this trip for?
This trip is designed for those who want to combine spectacular swimming amongst karst islands with an awe-inspiring, brightly coloured backdrop in a largely untouched environment. Swims include a mix of stunning reef and coastal swims.
Swimmers should have a basic understanding of open water swimming and be capable of completing the average daily swim distance of around 5 km (split over a minimum of two swims) prior to the start of the trip.
- Fully guided swimming holiday in El Nido (Palawan), Philippines
- Return transfer between El Nido Airport and Miniloc Island
- Swim guides and full safety escort on all swims
- Six nights' accommodation
- All breakfasts
- All lunches
- All dinners
- Brewed coffee and tea at the Clubhouse Restaurant
- Fruit juices during breakfast
- Use of snorkelling equipment
- Use of available non-motorized water sports equipment (paddle board, windsurf, kayak, etc.)
- Standard resort guided activities/tours (snorkelling at house reef, kayaking, island hopping, etc.)
What's not included?
- Travel to and from El Nido Airport (or El Nido Resorts Jetty Lounge)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- 200PHP Eco-Tourism Development Fee
- 200PHP Integrated Protected Area Fund Fee
Please note that the below daily itineraries are an example of the swims that may take place during the course of your trip, however, actual swim locations and distances will vary according to local weather and sea conditions. Your SwimTrek guides and local boat pilot will determine the most suitable swim locations each day and will communicate the plan with all guests as soon as possible.
The 'Palawan Paradise - Philippines' trip is new for 2019. As soon as we have run our first trip, we will share some customer reviews here.