|25 Oct - 30 Oct, 2020||
|31 Oct - 05 Nov, 2020||
Download trip notes
Ideal preparation for swimmers who are training for a 5km swim or other middle distance race
Mix circuit coaching swims and longer coastal swims for endurance & enjoyment
Video analysis in the amazing flume at the Tenerife Top Training facility
Seminars and Q&A sessions with your SwimTrek coaches
Fantastic chance to meet like-minded participants in a wonderful training environment
Stunning volcanic, black-sand coastline and deep blue Atlantic Ocean water
Get swim race ready in style with an open water swim coaching camp on the beautiful volcanic island of Tenerife. With its breath-taking landscapes and enviable climate, Tenerife is the largest of the seven main islands making up the Canary Islands, located roughly 200 km off the coast of Morocco.
This coaching camp is the ideal way to ensure that you are prepared, both mentally and physically, for your open water half marathon swim race. With our experienced team of professional swim coaches to support you throughout the camp, get ready to enjoy some high-quality open water swim coaching complemented by video analysis and seminars.
Our autumn camps start your pre-season training in style with a skill development camp, while our spring camps are ideally timed to get you race ready. Our focus is on stroke improvement, open water skills and longer swims, to build endurance or speed. Our camps will help you build your swimming performance to the highest standard, where stroke improvement and building endurance and speed is our focus. Your sessions at the state-of-the-art sports complex, Tenerife Top Training (T3), includes swim coaching in the open-air 50-metre pool, as well as comprehensive technique advice and video playback in T3’s fantastic glass walled swimming flume.
Based at the Hovima Jardin Caleta hotel in La Caleta, the trip’s open water swims take place in the relatively calm waters of Tenerife’s picturesque south-west coast, however the nature of ocean swimming here means that water conditions can vary considerably from one day to the next.
Who is this camp for?
These camps are ideal for those entering a 5km half marathon swim event, or similar demanding swim race, such as the cross continental Bosphorus or Hellespont events Choose this camp if you are looking to develop technical swimming skills, to adapt to swimming in open water and to build upon swim endurance, or strategy. It can also help with applying your pool-based speed to the open water and develop confidence in changing open water conditions. Swimmers should be able to swim a minimum 1km in either the pool or open water prior to the start of the camp.
- Fully guided swim training camp in Tenerife
- Professional swim coaches & full safety cover in the open water
- Open water swims and coaching sessions
- Technical Swim Skills session in 50-metre open-air pool
- Swim technique video analysis session in the hydrodynamic-flume at T3
- Five nights’ accommodation
- Five breakfasts, four lunches and dinner on Day 1
What's not included?
- Travel to and from the start of the Camp
- Evening meals (apart from Day 1)
- Swimming Holidays Canary Islands
- Swimming Holidays Europe
- Swimming Holidays Spain
- Swimming Holidays 5km Half Marathon Swim Camp - Tenerife
- Swimming Holidays Open Water Swimming for Triathlon
- Swimming Holidays 10km Marathon Swim Camp - Mallorca
- Swimming Holidays Channel and Long Distance Training - Mallorca
- Swimming Holidays Endurance Swim Training Camp - Mallorca
- Swimming Holidays Ibiza Hidden Coast - Spain
- Swimming Holidays Introduction to Open Water - Mallorca
- Swimming Holidays Introduction to Open Water with Teens
- Swimming Holidays Mallorca Escape
- Swimming Holidays Open Water Development - Mallorca