Experience coastal swims along Brighton’s pebbled beachfront and delve into restorative yoga practice
Learn new techniques to improve your stroke and get used to deeper seawater, under the escort of expert swim guides and accompanied by like-minded swimmers
Soak up the bohemian vibe of this colourful city in the evenings
For this YogaSwim experience we are based in Brighton, undoubtedly Britain’s most colourful city. Brighton still maintains its bohemian vitality and nothing beats strolling along the seafront promenade or on the pebbly beach that keeps the water surprisingly clear. During the trip you will have the opportunity to swim in the English Channel under the auspices of our experienced swimming guides, as well as enjoy yoga to relax and strengthen the body.
We start each day with yoga practice lead by an experienced instructor. At the end of the day, we’ll unwind and relax tired bodies with a restorative evening yoga class. All swims are of a manageable distance and along with the yoga are based out of SeaLanes, a new activity and leisure complex located close to Brighton Pier.
Who is this trip for?
This trip is designed for swimmers who enjoy yoga, or who want to explore the benefits of yoga and how it naturally complements and enhances your swimming. We swim twice per day in the sea off Brighton beach. Swimmers do not require open water experience but should be capable of completing the average swim distance of 1.5 km prior to the start of the trip. The average daily swim distance is around 2.5 km (split over a minimum of two swims). Like all our yoga and swimming holidays, no prior experience of yoga is required.
We have given this trip a ‘Moderate’ grading. Most swimmers comfortable in the open water will be able to take part and enjoy one of these trips. Sea conditions in the UK can be more demanding than in many of our other destinations but in Brighton you are never far from a shelving beach.
Why yoga and swimming?
Yoga and swimming are a perfect combination. For swimmers, yoga offers both physical and mental benefits. Yoga increases breathing awareness, develops strength and increases mobility, especially if you can work yoga into your daily routine. Through meditation, relaxation and stretching, yoga has incredible restorative qualities, relaxing the nervous system and muscular tension. It can help you centre and focus, and to find the perfect rhythm for your swims.
- Fully guided yoga and swimming holiday in Brighton
- Experienced yoga instructor
- Yoga mat for the duration of the trip
- Swim guides and full safety escort on all swims
- Two nights’ accommodation in a guest house close to Sea Lanes
- Two accommodation breakfasts and one lunch at Wood X Coal
What's not included?
- Travel to and from the start of the tour in Brighton
- Evening meals and additional lunches
Tailor-made SwimTrek Trips
This trip can also be offered as tailor-made experience. The date of travel and itinerary can be adjusted to suit you. For more information contact us with the dates you'd like and number of people taking part. We'll be in touch to chat about putting together your dream swimming experience.
- Swimming Holidays British Isles
- Swimming Holidays England
- Swimming Holidays Cornwall and The Isles of Scilly
- Swimming Holidays Discover Open Water in the Lake District
- Swimming Holidays Introduction to Open Water - Brighton
- Swimming Holidays Lakes and Tarns Weekender
- Swimming Holidays Open Water Development - Brighton
- Swimming Holidays River Thames
- Swimming Holidays The Lizard Peninsula Cornwall
- Swimming Holidays Western Lakes
- Swimming Holidays YogaSwim Brighton
- Swimming Holidays YogaSwim Lake District
Please note that the below daily itineraries are an example of the swims that may take place during the course of your trip, however, actual swim locations and distances will vary according to local weather and sea conditions. Your SwimTrek guides and local boat pilot will determine the most suitable swim locations each day and will communicate the plan with all guests as soon as possible.