|14 Jun - 17 Jun, 2021||
|13 Jul - 16 Jul, 2021||
|24 Aug - 27 Aug, 2021||
|06 Sep - 09 Sep, 2021||
|14 Sep - 17 Sep, 2021||
Download trip notes
Experience safely escorted adventures with special boat access to the most remote Cornish sites, like the Manacles
Unlock the secrets of Cornwall’s rugged coast - a haven of Atlantic grey seals and that old haunt of smugglers and brigands
Socialise with fellow swimmers at cosy accommodation and cafes on the most south-westerly point of mainland Great Britain
Remote from the rest of Cornwall, the Lizard sits at the farthest, most south-westerly reaches of mainland Britain. The Lizard takes solitude to a whole new level. The landscape is wild and exposed. Steep cliffs succumb to jagged blue green serpentine rock that protrudes out into the Atlantic. It’s the warm climate, long stunning coastline, fabulous scenery and ancient Celtic heritage make it an exciting destination for all adventurous swimmers.
We are based on the East coast of the Lizard which is sheltered from the prevailing south-westerly weather systems. During the trip, we will undertake several exciting swims around the Lizard. Some of the highlights will include swimming from Lizard Point to Kynance Cove, one of the most visually stunning coastlines of the entire British Isles, crossing to Mullion Island and swimming out to the Manacles rocks, the site of many shipwrecks over the centuries.
This trip can also be offered as tailor-made experience. The date of travel and itinerary can be adjusted to suit you. For more information contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with the dates you'd like and number of people taking part. We'll be in touch to chat about putting together your dream swimming experience.
Who is this trip for?
Due to the nature of some of the swims and sometimes limited exit points, participants should have experience with open water environments and be happy in occasionally rough conditions.
Swimmers should be capable of completing the average swim distance of 2½ km prior to the start of the trip. The average daily swim distance is around 5 km (split over two swims).
We have given this trip a ‘Challenging’ grading. These trips are for experienced open water swimmers who want to push themselves.
- Fully guided swimming holiday on Cornwall’s Lizard Peninsula
- Full safety escort and support from expert swim guides
- Enjoy one of two lovely accommodation options: the Gallen-Treath Guest House in the fishing village of Porthallow or the lovely self-catered apartments at Porthkerris
- All breakfasts for guests staying Gallen-Treath Guest House.
- Two lunches, either as a packed lunch or at casual beach side cafes.
- Option to arrange own camping or holiday let with our 'Swim Only' package
What's not included?
- Dinners, though we will generally try to dine together
- Breakfast when staying at self-catering accommodation
- Swimming Holidays British Isles
- Swimming Holidays England
- Swimming Holidays Discover Open Water in the Lake District
- Swimming Holidays Introduction to Open Water - Brighton
- Swimming Holidays Lakes and Tarns Weekender
- Swimming Holidays Open Water Development - Brighton
- Swimming Holidays River Cam
- Swimming Holidays River Thames
- Swimming Holidays The Lizard Peninsula Cornwall
- Swimming Holidays Western Lakes
- Swimming Holidays YogaSwim Brighton
- Swimming Holidays YogaSwim Lake District
Please note that the below daily itineraries are an example of the swims that may take place during the course of your trip, however, actual swim locations and distances will vary according to local weather and conditions. Your SwimTrek guides will determine the most suitable swim locations each day and will communicate the plan with all guests as soon as possible.