|21 Aug - 21 Aug, 2021||
|22 Aug - 22 Aug, 2021||
This unique SwimTrek package in association with RuckRaft.
Swim along a stunning part of the River Cam and hike through the riverside woodland paths to Grantchester Meadows.
The chance to swim to Newnham Swimming club, a small English paradise.
This unique SwimTrek package in association with RuckRaft. The action starts at Cambridge train station where there is a nice winding walking route down the side of the botanical gardens, through parks and riverside woodland paths to Grantchester Meadows. It’s then a mile or two down the side of the river to the Orchard Tea rooms where the ‘Bloomsbury set’ wrote their poems, we take a break here to enjoy some optional first class tea and scones.
We then prepare ourselves for the water, swimming back up the river along the route you just hiked down. As we near the end of the riverside paths, we keep going and come across the riverside entrance to Newnham Swimming club, a small English paradise.
From there we enjoy a hike through Cambridge, along the backs of the colleges to Jesus Green Lido for our final swim. The day finishes with a wander back through Cambridge with a stop or two at the finest pubs (we like The Pint Shop).
Who is this trip for?
Swimmers should have a basic understanding of open water swimming and be capable of completing the average daily swim distances of around 3km (current-assisted) prior to the start of the trip. Hiking and trekking across recognised footpaths will be included in this trip as well as you swimming with your belongings with a trustworthy Ruckraft!
- Fully guided tour and safety support
What's not included?
- Travel to and from the start of the tour
- Any food or drink required during the day
- Swimming Holidays British Isles
- Swimming Holidays England
- Swimming Holidays Discover Open Water in the Lake District
- Swimming Holidays Introduction to Open Water - Brighton
- Swimming Holidays Lakes and Tarns Weekender
- Swimming Holidays Open Water Development - Brighton
- Swimming Holidays River Cam
- Swimming Holidays River Thames
- Swimming Holidays The Lizard Peninsula Cornwall
- Swimming Holidays Western Lakes
- Swimming Holidays YogaSwim Brighton
- Swimming Holidays YogaSwim Lake District
Please note that the below daily itineraries are an example of the swims that may take place during the course of your trip, however, actual swim locations and distances will vary according to local weather and water conditions. Your SwimTrek guides will determine the most suitable swim locations and will communicate the plan with all guests as soon as possible.